FITNESS NEWSLETTER 13 JANUARY 2014
A list of January’s COMPLEMENTARY FITNESS Classes are on the CLASSES PAGE of this website and you’re very welcome to come and work out with us to improve your fitness, health and happiness.
All level classes are for men and women (sorry, not pregnancy)
It was great to welcome back regular people to our class and also ‘new people.
I’m soooo looking forward to working out with you all this week too.
Commit to taking part in our January classes to achieve your health + fitness goals
£30 for 6 week courses / £5 pay as you go classes.
Health & Exercise
Our 2014 classes started last week but there’s still time to come and join us if you want to improve your fitness, strength, flexibility, posture and look and feel amazing – and who doesn’t?
We had great feedback from last week’s classes.
Commit to making this the best and fittest year ever for you.
Please encourage and bring along your friends, colleagues etc to join us too. Working out with friends in our friendly classes keeps you on track and motivated.
Something to think about
When nothing goes right ….. go left!
How others see you is not important. How you see yourself means everything.
Most everything that you want is just outside your comfort zone *
To engage your subconscious mind, a goal or objective must be measurable.
When there is no criteria for measurement, it is simply something you want, a wish, a preference or a good idea. * (* Jack Canfield)
The only time you should look back is to see how far you’ve come.
Veganuary – could you go meatless this month?
Did you know?
– that you can train for FREE on Wednesdays at 6.30pm in Nicola’s Running Session it’s a run/walk recover, repeat combo. AND ….
You can also work out for FREE on Saturdays at 9am in an outdoor Urban Gym Workout.
I’ll be leading this Saturday workout on 18 Jan (+ 25/1) as Nicola will be away for a week.
So we’ll warm up, stretch, run and walk to the Meadows and do some circuits of exercises like lunges, squats, jumping jacks, tricep dips, planks with rotation (wear gloves) etc.
Come to both sessions to improve your fitness, have fun all while getting some fresh air too.
Start and finish at Stay Central Hotel, Cowgate (in the courtyard of the Three Sisters Hotel).
Email me for more details if you’d like but if you’re joining us/me, wear layers, supportive running shoes/trainers and wear gloves for Saturday’s workout.
– If you buy this Wednesday’s Daily Record newspaper, have a look inside through the Edinburgh Now magazine – you’ll see photos and a Press Release about Nicola’s classes with Stay Central Hotel.
– that a diet high in fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat and wholegrains reduces your risk of suffering from depression compared with a diet high in sugar and saturated fat according to a study by the University of Eastern Finland. Researchers said that folic acid, a type of B vitamin found in fresh, natural produce can combat depressive symptoms.
– that working out when you’re dehydrated can lead to cramp, reduced performance and injury. So always make sure you’re well hydrated before, during and after your workouts.
– that eating powerful immune boosting foods is a great way to have a rock solid immune system – vital for long term progress when exercising. It’s been said that we should ‘breakfast like a king lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper.
I thought I’d give you some immune boosting breakfast ideas here:
1) Porridge made with organic oats, almond milk, fresh (or defrosted) blueberries and manuka honey drizzled and some pumpkin, sesame and/or sunflower seeds scattered over the top.
2) plain Greek yoghurt mixed with (home made) sugar-free muesli, mug of green tea.
3) omelette using 2 large free range eggs, add in some veggies eg mushrooms, peppers, courgette. This also goes a long way to getting your (at least) 5-a-day.
Tip: when I’ve got a 9.30am class, I like to make sure I have my breakfast by 6.45am at the latest giving me time to digest it and also lots of time to prepare the class in advance.
Diary Date/Advance Notice
Ramp Up The Red fundraising class on Friday 7 February 9.30am
As usual, we’ll be raising money for British Heart Foundation’s Ramp Up The Red Day on 7 Feb.
We’ll have our Fitness Yoga Stretch class at 9.30am in Dreghorn Loan Hall and I’d encourage you to wear anything/everything red that day in class.
I’ve started a Just Giving Page for the event and even if you can’t attend our fundraising class on 7/2, you can still donate at
I will also have a money box for cash donations too. Are you red-dy?
CONNECT WITH ME
Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to seeing you in class/es this week/soon.