Today, 8 March is International Women’s Day and the theme is this year’s campaign is #ChooseToChallenge. A challenged world is an alert world and from challenge, comes change.
To celebrate International Women’s Day, OMGteas.co.uk, are running a 20% off promo until 11.59pm tonight 8 March so if you’d like to stock up on some matcha tea, use the code: CELEBRATE to apply the discount.
Regularly drinking matcha should leave you more relaxed, focussed and productive.
It will give you an energy boost that lasts. Did you know that matcha contains L-Theanine, an amino acid that helps the body to process caffeine differently and creating a state of calm alertness.
I mentioned OMGteas.co.uk in a recent newsletter saying that I’d secured a 15% discount as a one-time use if you used the code: CompFitness – which you can still do any time & if you haven’t used it already or take advantage of the 20% discount today.
Here’s a list of suggested easy ways to improve overall health that should give great results:
- Avoid processed foods, particularly highly processed (the ones that have a huge list of ingredients, most of which you don’t recognise or can’t read)
- Introduce more plant based foods into your diet. Always aim for a rainbow on your plate, and choose from the various types and ideally from whole foods (vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, grains, healthy fats
- Get a filter jug & drink more filtered water.
- Avoid refined sugar & sweeteners
- Increase stress reducing activities (breathing, meditation, stretching)
- Work on shifting your mindset to focus on what you want, not what you don’t want
- Take a good probitic
- Pay attention to how you feel according to what you eat – some people feel better when they eliminate dairy & gluten.
- If you eat meat & fish, eat grass fed, sustainably sourced organic
- Think about the products you put on your skin & look for natural, vegan, chemical free products *
- Look at food as medicine
- Get outdoors more regularly
- Exercise regularly
- Relax, de-stress & get plenty of sleep every night.
When making small steps, remember to enjoy the process – we’re not aiming for perfection but improvement in how we feel. Start by picking one from the suggested list and try it out then try another & see how you feel.
Remember to celebrate results too.
Oh talking about products *, and although this is not for ‘putting on the skin’, I recently found out about a ‘kinder to mouth and planet’ toothpaste and have bought some and love it.
It’s called Zendium which strengthens the mouth’s natural defences and has prebiotic benefits. They use natural antibacterial enzymes & proteins to boost good bacteria in the mouth and reduce bad bacteria and the formula is also SLS-free.
If you want to take advantage of a 20% discount, go to zendium.co.uk and when it comes to entering a code on the purchase\P&P page, type in: livemore (which is a discount through Dr Chatterjee). You can also find out more info & get the code through Dr C at:
Again, I’m just passing on info & codes to you if interested that I’ve found out myself.
I thought you might like this 2 minute calm reset (that was in Waitrose Health mag). Its all about progressive muscle relaxation to help lower tension & stress levels. We concentrate on one part of the body at a time, squeezing the muscles as much as poss for about 5 seconds then let all the tension & tightness go as you exhale. You’ll feel the muscles loosen and relax as the tension releases. Focus on the difference between tension and relaxation. Stay relaxed for 15 seconds before repeating with another muscle.
Try this sequence: right hand & forearm then left hand & forearm, right upper arm followed by left upper arm next. Then your right lower leg & foot and lastly, left lower leg & foot.
You can also do this yourself if sitting or lying down: squeeze legs together, activating all the leg muscles then release tension then work up the body to the buttock muscles, the abs, arms then face (ie tighten jaw & forehead, close eyes tight then relax these muscles).
I came across a quote on @russellbrand’s IG a/c from Leonardo da Vinci who said:
“there are 3 classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see”. Ah interesting 🧐
I hope that you’ll join our recorded Tue & Thursday and/or Wed & Fri 10am live classes on Zoom this week. Let me know & I’ll send you joining codes if you don’t already have them.
Find me on Facebook: Susan Cockburn / complementaryfitness and Like my page thanks.
Please Share, Like, Follow and Subscribe as appropriate to my social media channels, thank you 😊
Connecting with Susan:
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org