Hi, I hope you’ll join our summer Fitness Pilates, Fitness Yoga & resistance/weights classes in Craiglockhart & Colinton, Edinburgh to help you improve your fitness, strength, stamina, core, posture and flexibility
All class details and times are on the Classes page of my website.
HEALTH and LIFESTYLE
We all know that exercise enhances and maintains physical fitness, overall health and wellness.
There are many reasons why we start and continue to exercise and these may be:
• Strengthen muscles and cardiovascular system
• To hone athletic skills
• Weight loss or maintenance
• Social aspect of exercising together
• To reduce the risk of developing diseases
• To boost wellbeing, mood and general mental health issues
What ever the reason, I hope that you’ll continue to exercise with us in our Complementary Fitness classes.
Just a reminder that:
• classes finish up on Thursday 28 June
• no class on Fri 29 June
• classes also off 3, 4, 5 & 6 July (I’m having a week’s break)
• classes start back on Tue 10 July
• all classes in Craiglockhart Church Hall on Tue, 10, Wed 11, Thurs 12 & Fri 13 July because of maintenance work in the Loan Hall just that week.
The Moon Walk Scotland is taking place this weekend: 9 June from Holyrood Park. Good luck (and well done in advance) to everyone walking and raising money uniting against breast cancer. There are different distances:
New Moon (6.55 miles), Half Moon (13.1 miles), Marathon (26.2) and Over The Moon Ultra (52.4 miles).
Find out more at: www.walkthewalk.org/challenges/the-moonwalk-scotland-2018/
5 June is World Environment Day and raises awareness of the environment and specific environmental issues and protection.
Bike Week starts on 9 June so ‘get on your bike’ (or hire one), have fun, get out in the fresh air, it’s great exercise too.
4 tips to healthy living: think positive, exercise often, eat better, feel good.
All it takes is 90 to help you relax and de-stress:
• relax your jaw
• straighten your back
• relax your shoulders
• take 3 deep breaths
• meditate for 1 minute
I love these quotes and hope you do too:
• If you want to fly, give up everything that is weighing you down
• Don’t think about the next week, month or year, just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be.
• Your body is your most priceless possession – take care of it.
• Focus on the weights you lift not the weight you lose.
• When you start eating foods without labels, you no longer need to count calories.
I haven’t tried this power-packed smoothie (yet) but thought I’d give you the ingredients if you want to try it too and I don’t have quantities but you can adjust to your taste: blueberries, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut cream, maca powder, licorice powder, fresh spinach, coconut milk, cacao nibs, vanilla extract, bee pollen, MCT oil (or extra virgin coconut oil) and fresh mint – enjoy.
Let me know how you’re getting on with your fitness and our workouts – thanks.
I look forward to seeing you and working out with you this week so that we can continue to improve on our fitness levels, strength, posture balance and flexibility together.
Contact me by email: email@example.com