Welcome to this week’s newsletter & updates:
Thanks if you emailed to let me know how you got on in the last couple of weeks during and after classes and for your great feedback.
Thanks also for letting me know that you’re creating some different or new veggie/vegan recipes and that you’re enjoying Veganuary challenge.
Just to remind that over the course of each week, activity for adults should add up to at least 150 minutes (2½ hours) of moderate intensity activity.
This could easily be achieved by joining one or 2 (or more?) of our classes, brisk walking, jogging, playing racket sports, hill climbing etc.
Why should we aim for the weekly recommended activity guidelines?
Well, there are many health benefits associated with physical exercise including:
- developing healthy bones, muscles and joints
- strengthening of the heart and lungs
- improving coordination and movement control
- the social aspect of exercising together ie social interaction and integration
- developing and improving our confidence
- reducing sedentary lifestyle risks eg helping to reduce the risk of developing heart disease, stroke, obesity, diabetes and other health risks.
Another reminder that during the winter months, it’s recommended that we take a supplement of 10micrograms (400IU) of vitamin D. We can take a vitamin D supplement in tablet, capsule or liquid form and if you’re not sure which is best, you could visit a health food shop or speak to a nutritionist and ask their advice.
I came across a Scottish Government site giving us info on how to deal with anxiety, stress etc, especially as we’re still living with Coronavirus and will probably continue do so for the foreseeable future.
There are tips on how to clear your head, connect with others, keep active and ways to get help and support if we or someone we know needs it.
- Everything starts with you at this moment
- No matter how difficult this moment feels, choose to take action.
- You have the strength
- You have everything you need
- The only limit is yourself
- Success will come with consistency
- Commit to doing what is good for your mind, body and spirit
- Choose to change, to evolve, to live the life you want to live.
and I love this quote (not sure if I’ve shared it with you before but if not….):
‘Too many people think the grass is greener somewhere else but the grass is green where you water it. Remember that’.
Did you now that 17 Jan is Brew Monday where we’re encouraged to have a cuppa and a chat to banish the Winter blues.
Are you a ‘builders tea’ kind of tea drinker? Or a green or matcha tea drinking person?
Maybe you prefer peppermint or other herbal or fruit tea instead?
What ever kind of tea (or coffee) you drink, enjoy your cuppa and chat whether it’s with a friend, neighbour, relative or someone you live with. Cheers and happy Monday/happy week.
Please remember to:
- Book your place for each class that you want to participate in. You can do that by emailing me (email@example.com).
- Do a lateral flow test before attending each class to ensure you’re negative.
- Wear a face covering when entering, leaving and moving around the hall.
- Keep Susan updated on any health issues and updates (see below * too)
- Email any feedback about classes or anything relevant to Susan. I’m always happy to share your feedback in newsletters/on social (by the way, if you’re happy to share your comments, please let me know that you consent, thanks).
- If you’ve read any interesting articles, local news or would like to share anything with our classes, please email and get in touch. Again, I’m always on the hunt for ‘stuff’ to put in the newsletters.
* I’ve also emailed a few of you to ask you to fill in either a PAR-Q screening form, Lifestyle Questionnaire or Booking Checklist.
If I emailed you asking for these completed forms, it’s either that I’ve (somehow/don’t know how?) misplaced your original forms or didn’t get them for some reason (who knows?)
For me, it’s great to have all the following information (which I keep confidential) and to keep me informed of any updates re:
- your address
- your landline and/or mobile number,
- emergency contact name & phone number,
- a note of any medication that you’re on, dosage and what it’s for
- a note about your lifestyle ie what your diet is like, what exercise you do incl likes/dislikes, what your goals & aspirations are, a note of recent injuries, operations, stress levels, how’s your sleep pattern, as well as medication, do you take any supplements etc etc – all that kind of thing.
Always keep me updated (probably best by email) and I know things change every now and again.
I can’t wait to see you and welcome you to this week’s classes.
See you soon.
Please Share, Like, Follow and Subscribe as appropriate to my social media channels, thank you
Instagram or Facebook – @complementaryfitness
If you sign up to Instagram, please follow me. You’ll see all of posts there.
Connecting with Susan:
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org